OLKHON - SOUL OF BAIKAL
Olkhon is the largest island in Baikal Region. Many myths, mysteries are associated with this island.
A population of the island is about 2000 people. Majority of the population is the Buryats. The Buryats since ancient times were shamanists and Olkhon island is considered to be the father of all shamans and the main sanctuary and a religious center. Olkhon has a supernatural power that’s why a lot of shamans from the whole world come here to pray or to rituals.
During this tour, you will meet a shaman, get acquainted with the history of Buryat people, taste local cuisine, visit holy places. You will have an opportunity to explore the island and to see the two famous capes, and Khoboy and Khorgoy and certainly to swim enough in the lake and sunbathe on Baikal beach.
Morning meeting at the airport / railway station with a nameplate “Baikal Vision”. Transfer to the hotel. Check-in.
Lunch in the restaurant at 13:00. Excursion with a guide in the historical center of Irkutsk: churches, the Decembrists’ museum, old wooden houses, new entertaining zone “130 district”.
Free dinner. Your guide will advise you the best restaurant or cafe according to your wishes and desires. Overnight in the hotel.
IRKUTSK – KHUZHIR
Breakfast. Transfer to the village Ust-Orda. On the way, we will meet with a real shaman, who will sanctify your journey, will answer your questions. Visit the National Museum of Ethnography, where you will know about history and traditions of the Buryat people.
Lunch in buryat cuisine restaurant with the famous traditional meal – “buuzy”.
Continuation a way to Khuzhir – central village in Olkhon island. Today you will have an excursion around Khuzhir village: Shaman Rock, one of the nine sacred place of Asia. Banya. Dinner. Overnight in the resort.
Breakfast. Departure for an excursion (8 hours) at the northernmost point of the island – Cape Khoboy. Due to a lack of roads on the island, your trip will be in “road-off” style in specially designed cars like UAZ or Niva.
Cape Khoboy is a sacred place for the indigenous people of the island – the Buryats. It takes plenty of shamanic rituals and religious ceremonies. Here you can see all four sides of the lake. During your excursion, the driver will prepare for you lunch from fresh fish.
Return to Khuzhir. Dinner and overnight in the resort.
Breakfast. Free day. Today you are free from the excursions, trips to the museums and galleries. Free lunch.
Today you can freely swim in the lake, sunbathe on the beach. Also, there are a lot of different activities like cycling, horse riding, boat trips, catamarans, etc. Moreover, you can book an excursion to the South of the island. Dinner and overnight in the resort.
KHUZHIR — IRKUTSK
Breakfast. Today we will have a long road to Irkutsk (about 5 hours). Departure at 10 a.m.
Lunch on the way (extra charge). On the road you can see the 3 types of terrain: rocks, forests and steppes. Arrival in Irkutsk to 16.00 at the airport or hotel. End of the program.
- 33 500 RUB per person in a group of 10 people
- 35 000 RUB per person in a group of 9 people
- 36 500 RUB per person in a group of 8 people
- 37 000RUB per person in a group of 7 people
- 37 500RUB per person in a group of 6 people
- 39 000RUB per person in a group of 5 people
- 43 000RUB per person in a group of 4 people
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Transport as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- English-speaking guide
- Visits and
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
Price does not include:
- Airline tickets
- Visa fees and
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses and
- Invitation letter
The sequence of visits can be changed depending on weather conditions.
Guaranteed departure from 4 people.
Accommodation is expected in rooms of the “Standard” category.
The room or hotel category can be changed according to your preferences. Please contact us before departure.
- Trip Length: 5 days
- Group: from 4 persons
- Departure: on request
- Period: Whole Year
- Accommodation: Hotel, Guest house
- Activities: Excursions, Cultural exploration, Meeting with a Shaman
- Transport: Private car / bus, 4WD car, ferry
- Visited area: Irkutsk, Small Sea, Khuzhir, Olkhon Island, Cape Khoboy
- 07.06.21 — 11.06.21 — available
- 14.06.21 — 18.06.21 — available
- 21.06.21 — 25.06.21 — available
- 28.06.21 — 02.07.21 — available
- 05.07.21 — 09.07.21 — available
- 12.07.21 — 16.07.21 — available
- 19.07.21 — 23.07.21 — available
- 26.07.21 — 30.07.21 — available
- 02.08.21 — 06.08.21 — available
- 09.08.21 — 13.08.21 — available
- 16.08.21 — 20.08.21 — available
- 23.08.21 — 27.08.21 — available
- 30.08.21 — 03.09.21 — available