EAST AND WEST OF BAIKAL
from 89 900 RUB
As you know Russia is a multinational country with different cultures and religions and Baikal is not an exception.
Despite the fact that the main nation in Russia are Russians, historically the lake area was inhabited by Buryat people. Since the ancient times The Buryats were shamanist. However, under the influence of Mongol people, the Buryats who lived on the eastern side of Baikal, so-called “eastern Buryats” adopted Buddhism, while “Western Buryat” remained shamanists.
In addition, during the reign of Catherine II, in the middle of the XVIII century, due to the split of the Russian Orthodox Church people who supported the Old Believers were arrested and exiled to Siberia. One of the destination points was Tarbagatai village in the Republic of Buryatia, where Old Believers still live and still adhere to the traditions of the Old Believers.
This tour is unique in its kind, since the trip you will not only relax on the lake, but also get acquainted with 4 cultures and religions of the peoples of Baikal region, cross the lake in its widest part, visit Olkhon island, Ust-Barguzin, Ulan-Ude, take a train of the Trans-Siberian Railway and much more.
IRKUTSK – KHUZHIR
Morning meeting at the airport / railway station with a nameplate “Baikal Vision”. Transfer to the village Ust-Orda. On the way, we will meet with a real shaman, who will sanctify your journey, will answer your questions. Visit the National Museum of Ethnography, where you will know about history and traditions of the Buryat people.
Lunch at the “Golden Horde” cafe, where you will get acquainted with the Buryat folklore: dances, songs, throat singing, purification rites, etc. Then we will continue our way to Olkhon Island.
Continuation a way to Khuzhir – central village in Olkhon island. Today you will have an excursion around Khuzhir village: Shaman Rock, one of the nine sacred place of Asia. Dinner and overnight in the guest house.
Breakfast. Departure for an excursion (8 hours) at the northernmost point of the Island – Cape Khoboy. Due to a lack of roads on the island, your trip will be in “road-off” style in specially designed cars like UAZ or Niva.
Cape Khoboy is a sacred place for the indigenous people of the island – the Buryats. It takes plenty of shamanic rituals and religious ceremonies. Here you can see all four sides of the lake. During your excursion, the driver will prepare for you lunch from fresh fish.
Return to Khuzhir. Dinner and overnight in the guest house.
Breakfast. Today you will have the opportunity to choose your own day:
1) Free day. Today you can swim and sunbathe on the beaches of Khuzhir.
2) Day on Bicycles. Bicycle rental – 1500 rubles per day.
3) Excursion in the southern part of the Island by UAZ car. Today you will see Cape Yalga, a stone garden, Mount Trident, Lake Nura, Lake Heart, Cape Horse Head.
The cost of the tour is 2500 rubles per person (minimum 5 people).
4) Water excursion around the area of the Small Sea (group). Today you will see Ogoy Island, Zamogoy Island, Elenka Island. You will try the healing springs, visit the Buddhist stupa. In addition, today you may see real seals in the wild.
The cost of the tour is 5000 rubles per person.
Dinner and overnight in the resort.
KHUZHIR – UST-BARGUZIN
Breakfast. Board the private speedboat. If you look at the map, you will see that today you will cross Baikal in the widest and in the deepest part. Arrival in Ust-Barguzin. Transfer to the guest house. Late lunch. Walking around the village. Dinner. Overnight in the guest house.
Breakfast. Today you will find the most popular excursion in Barguzin nature reserve, a trip to the most beautiful bay of Lake Baikal – Chivyrkuisky Bay. You will see white sand beaches, 7 islands – natural monument, hot springs, warm water in the bays. Firstly, you will go by car through isthmus
of the peninsula of Svyatoy Nos (St. Nose). Then you will take a boat and during several hours you will admire different Baikal landscapes.
Return to Ust-Barguzin in the evening. Dinner. Overnight in the guest house.
UST-BARGUZIN – ULAN-UDE
Breakfast. Departure to Ulan-Ude, the capital of the Republic of Buryatia (268 km), east capital of Baikal. Arrival in the city at 13:00. Lunch in cafe of Buryat cuisine.
After lunch you will go to Ivilginski temple (Datsan), the center of Buddhism in Russia. On the territory of Datsan you’ll be able to talk with lamas about your difficulties or problems.
Free dinner. Overnight in the hotel.
ULAN-UDE – IRKUTSK
Breakfast. Check-out at 11 a.m. So you can take your luggage with yourself or put it in luggage room (payment on the spot).
Departure to Tarbagatay, village of Old Believers. Tarbagatay is located near Ulan-Ude (40 km). During excursion in the village you will get acquainted with a culture of Old Believers, their life, traditions, folklore. You will be able to participate in the rituals of marriage, listen to old Russian songs on accordion, see how danced in Russia and all this in a live performance. Lunch of national Russian cuisine. Return to Ulan-Ude. Transfer to the hotel. Dinner is free. Overnight in the train.
P.S. If you have return tickets from Irkutsk, then you will spend this night on the train (2nd class).
Breakfast*. Transfer to the airport. End of program.
*Breakfast is included if you have a flight from Ulan-Ude.
Breakfast is not included if you have a flight from Irkutsk.
- 89 900 RUB per person in a group of 10 people
- 94 500 RUB per person in a group of 9 people
- 97 500 RUB per person in a group of 8 people
- 99 500RUB per person in a group of 7 people
- 101 500RUB per person in a group of 6 people
- 112 500RUB per person in a group of 5 people
- Accommodation as in itinerary
- Transport as in itinerary
- Meals as in itinerary: 1 day – lunch, dinner; 2 day – breakfast, lunch, dinner;
Day 3 – breakfast, dinner; Day 4 – breakfast, lunch, dinner;
Day 5 – breakfast, lunch, dinner; Day 6 – breakfast, lunch;
Day 7 – breakfast, lunch; Day 8 – breakfast.
- English-speaking guide
- Visits and Excursions as in itinerary
- Activities as in itinerary
Price does not include:
- Airline tickets
- Visa fees and Travel insurance
- Personal expenses and Tips
- Invitation letter
The sequence of visits can be changed depending on weather conditions.
Guaranteed departure from 5 people.
Accommodation is expected in rooms of the “Standard” category.
The room or hotel category can be changed according to your preferences. Please contact us before departure.
- Trip Length: 8 days
- Group: from 4 persons
- Departure: on request
- Period: June-August
- Accommodation: Hotel, Guest house
- Activities: Excursions, Cultural exploration, Cruise, Bathing in hot springs
- Transport: Private car / bus, 4WD car, Train, Ferry, Speedboat.
- Visited area: Irkutsk, Small Sea, Khuzhir, Olkhon Island, Ust-Barguzin, Ulan-Ude
- 01.07.23 — 08.07.23 — available
- 15.07.23 — 22.07.23 — available
- 29.07.23 — 05.08.23 — available
- 12.08.23 — 19.08.23 — available