54 400 RUB
Firstly the phrase “See Paris and die” appeared in Ehrenburg’s book “My Paris”, published in the 1930s. However, we are far from Paris, so we invite you to see Baikal and revive, recharge, and reborn. According to local Buryat beliefs, Baikal is the umbilical cord of the Earth, so everyone should visit Baikal at least once, recharge with its energy, breathe fresh air, and taste crystal clear water. However, since Baikal is not close to many inhabitants of the planet, it is always a pity if you waste your time irrationally, choosing the wrong tours and wrong excursions.
On Baikal Drive tour, we offer you not only to visit Baikal, but also to cross it in the deepest place. We already have a tour with the crossing of Baikal (Baikal means freedom), but it is more for hiking lovers, trekkers. Let’s be honest, not all of us like hiking, but each of us wants to write in his diary that he or she crossed Lake Baikal, so we create “Baikal life hack”.
During seven wonderful days on Lake Baikal, you will visit the largest Island of Baikal – Olkhon and the largest peninsula – Saint Nose. In addition, you will get acquainted with our Dragon Island (Ogoy Island), swim in hot springs, and visit two capitals of Baikal (Irkutsk and Ulan- Ude). Moreover, you will learn what Shamanism and Buddhism are, take a train along the icy shores of Lake Baikal, and the most importantly, you will cross Lake Baikal in comfort in a specially equipped car.
We can write a lot about this tour, how good and fluffy it is, you can read a lot about it, but it is best to try it once. You cannot describe it with all words, you cannot convey it with photos, it is better to come, see and fall in love with Baikal.
IRKUTSK – KHUZHIR
Morning meeting at the airport / railway station with a nameplate “Baikal Vision”. Transfer to Khuzhir – central village in Olkhon Island. On the way, you will have several stops in interesting places. Lunch in Buryat restaurant. After you will drive on ice from main land to the Island. Check-in.
Today you will have an excursion around Khuzhir village: Shaman Rock, one of the nine sacred place of Asia. Dinner. Overnight in the guesthouse.
Breakfast. We continue our journey on Baikal ice. Today you will have an excursion around the South part of Olkhon Island. In addition, you will visit Ogoy Island where you will find the Buddhist stupa of Enlightenment. According to legend, if you make three circles around the Stupa and make a wish, it will definitely come true. You will also visit Cape Khorgoy, where you can see beautiful ice caves and take great photos. Our guide will tell you many legends and stories about these places. Return to Khuzhir at about 17.00. Dinner and overnight in the guesthouse.
OLKHON ISLAND – UST-BARGUZIN
Breakfast. Departure for an excursion (8 hours) at the northernmost point of the island – Cape Khoboy. Because of the lack of asphalt roads on the island, your trip will be in “off-road” style by specialized cars like UAZ or Niva.
Cape Khoboy, a sacred place for the indigenous people of the island – the Buryats. It takes plenty of shamanic rituals and religious ceremonies. Here you can see all four sides of the lake. During your excursion, the driver will prepare for you lunch from fresh fish.
After lunch, we start to cross Baikal by car. Stop in the deepest point of Baikal (1642 m.)
Then you will drive to Ust-Barguzin. Check-in. Here you will stay with local families. Besides, you will have Russian traditional sauna (banya). Dinner and overnight in the guesthouse.
Breakfast. Today you will find the most popular excursion in the Barguzinsky nature reserve – a trip to the most beautiful bay of Baikal. White snow beaches, 7 islands, natural monuments, hot springs, sledding behind a car, walks in caves and grottoes await you. You will also go up to the viewpoint from where you will see the Barguzinsky and Chivyrkuisky bays. Lunch will be in local family who stay almost alone in the village. Return to Ust-Barguzin in the evening. Dinner. Overnight in the guesthouse.
UST-BARGUZIN – ULAN-UDE
Breakfast. Departure to Ulan-Ude, the capital of the Republic of Buryatia (268 km), east capital of Baikal. Arrival in the city at 13:00. Lunch in cafe of Buryat cuisine. Check-in.
Then you will visit Ivilginski temple (Datsan) – Central Buddhist Temple of Russia. Later you will go back to Ulan-Ude to walk in the city center. After walk, you should say goodbuy to your guide. Dinner is free. Overnight in the hotel.
P.S. If you have fly back tickets from Irkutsk, so tonight you will be in the train to Irkutsk (2nd class).
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. End of the program.
- 59 900 RUB per person in a group of 10 people
- 64 700 RUB per person in a group of 9 people
- 67 400 RUB per person in a group of 8 people
- 67 400 RUB per person in a group of 7 people
- 67 400 RUB per person in a group of 6 people
- 72 400 RUB per person in a group of 5 people
- 84 700 RUB per person in a group of 4 people
- Accommodation according to the program (hotels, guesthouses)
- Transport according to the program (Minivan, 4WD car)
- Meals according to the program (Day 1 – lunch, dinner; Day 2 – breakfast, lunch, dinner; Day 3– breakfast, lunch, dinner;
Day 4 – breakfast, lunch, dinner; Day 5 – breakfast, lunch; Day 6 – breakfast)
- Professional guide services
- Visits and excursions according to the program
- Activities according to the program
- Tickets to museums, national park tickets.
Price does not include:
- Airline tickets
- Visa fees and Travel insurance
- Personal expenses and
- Invitation letter
- The sequence of visits can be changed depending on weather conditions.
- Guaranteed departure from 4 people.
- Accommodation is expected in rooms of the “Standard” category.
- The room category can be changed according to your preferences. Please contact us before departure.
- Trip Length: 6 days
- Group: from 4 persons
- Departure: on request
- Period: February – March
- Accommodation: Hotel, Guest house
- Transport: Private car / bus, 4WD car
- Visited area: Irkutsk, Small Sea, Khuzhir, Olkhon Island, Ust-Barguzin, Ulan-Ude
- 15.02.23 — 20.02.23 (available)
- 22.02.22 — 27.03.22 (available)
- 01.03.22 — 06.03.22 (available)
- 08.03.22 — 13.03.22 (available)
- 15.03.22 — 20.03.22 (available)
- 22.03.22 — 27.03.22 (available)